Everyone says college is expensive. You hear on the TV news that costs of higher education are rising faster than inflation, blah blah blah. How much does it actually cost? What does expensive mean in this situation?
- College Data.com has a great article to help you understand what the cost of college includes. It's called What's the Price Tag for a College Education? The cost is not just the price of books, you know.
- Here is a link to the website CollegeForAllTexans.com and this page lists all of the universities and community colleges in Texas, and gives average prices for tuition (resident AND non-resident pricing), books & supplies, living expenses, etc.
- Did you notice a big difference between the price of tuition for Resident and Non-Resident students? What is the reason for this wild change in price?
- Did you notice that the Community Colleges have 3 prices listed? One for "In District" Residents, one for "Out of District" Residents, and one for non-residents. If you are a Texan, which price would YOU pay?
- Why is it so hard to find specific prices of Vocational schools? I can't get any information about some cosmetology schools, automechanic schools, business schools, etc. until I fill out a form with my name address and phone number. Why do you think these schools require this information when other more traditional schools don't?